Turn a brekkie preferred into dinner with those delicious savoury pancakes.
The ingredient of Savoury pancake stack
- four Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus greater to oil
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) self-raising flour
- 3 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded basil
- 1 egg, lightly crushed
- 290ml milk
- Butter, to oil
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1/3 cup (85g) creme fraiche or sour cream
- Basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Savoury pancake stack
- Preheat oven to a hundred and eightyu00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomatoes reduce side up on the tray. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil. Roast for 45 minutes or till tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the flour, shallots and basil in bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to mix. Gradually whisk in the egg and milk.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium warmth. Grease with a touch butter. Spoon 2 stage tablespoons of the aggregate into the pan and unfold to shape a 10cm pancake. Cook for 2-three mins each facet until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep heat. Repeat with final batter.
- Add a little olive oil to the pan. Cook the prosciutto for about 2 minutes until golden.
- To serve, unfold a few creme fraiche on a pancake. Top with any other pancake, creme fraiche, pancake, tomato and prosciutto. Repeat to make four stacks. Serve scattered with basil leaves.
Nutritions of Savoury pancake stackfatContent: 399.847 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein