Made with chickpeas, dates and coconut these chewy chocolate biscuits will fulfill your sugar cravings without the guilt.
The ingredient of Healthier chocolate cookies recipe
- 10 dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) boiling water
- 90g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 400g can chickpeas, tired, rinsed
- 45g (half of cup) desiccated coconut
- 75g (1/three cup) solidified coconut oil, melted, cooled
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, plus more to flatten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Healthier chocolate cookies recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C /160C fan pressured and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place the dates in a heatproof bowl and cowl with water. Set aside for 2 minutes to soften. Use a fork to coarsely mash
- Process the oats in a food processor and till chopped. Add the dates, chickpeas, coconut, coconut oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, egg and vanilla. Process to mix. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for 30 minutes to permit to thicken.
- Roll level tablespoons of the aggregate into balls and place at the organized trays. Dip the tines of a fork in cocoa to prevent sticking, and press into each cookie first one manner and then the other (biscuits have to be 1cm thick). Keep dipping the fork into cocoa as wanted.
- Bake cookies for 12 mins. Cool at the tray for 5 mins, then transfer to a twine rack to cool absolutely. Store in an airtight box for up to four days, (biscuits becomes softer).
Nutritions of Healthier chocolate cookies recipefatContent: