Kid-pleasant sausage rolls get a healthful makeover, perfect for weeknight dinners.
The ingredient of Curried red meat and vegetable sausage rolls
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, overwhelmed
- 300g lean pork mince
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small red capsicum, nely chopped
- 1 small ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 40g child spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely shredded inexperienced cabbage
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt-reduced tomato sauce, to serve
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 1 small gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 200g tomato medley, halved
- three toddler cucumbers, quartered lengthways
- 2 tablespoons greater virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The instruction how to make Curried red meat and vegetable sausage rolls
- Heat vegetable oil in a huge frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for five mins or until softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for three to 4 mins or until browned. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add carrot, capsicum, tomato, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmness to low. Simmer, exposed, for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir in lemon juice, spinach and cabbage. Cook for 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from warmness. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a massive baking tray with baking paper.
- Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat floor. Spray with oil. Fold in half lengthways. Leaving a 3cm border, spoon 1/4 cup of mince mixture across one short quit of filo. Starting at brief quit, fold pastry aspect over mince aggregate. Fold in aspects. Roll up pastry to surround filling. Place, seam-side down, on organized tray. Repeat with closing pastry and mince combination to make 12 rolls. Spray rolls with oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, make No-cutlery Salad: Cook beans in a small saucepan of boiling water for two mins or until simply smooth. Drain. Refresh under bloodless water. Drain nicely. Arrange lettuce, beans, tomato and cucumber in a bowl. Whisk olive oil and lemon juice collectively in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.
- Serve sausage rolls with salad and tomato sauce.
Nutritions of Curried red meat and vegetable sausage rollsfatContent: 457.924 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 24.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 38 milligrams cholesterol