Turkey steaks and brown fried rice make for a scrumptious and healthy midweek meal.
The ingredient of Spice-rubbed turkey steaks with fried brown rice
- 4 x 125g lean turkey breast steaks
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 6 cardamom pods, cut up
- 2 cups (340g) cooked low-GI brown rice
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 cup (150g) frozen peas
- 1 cup clean coriander leaves, plus more to garnish
- 100g blended salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 100g yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, reduce into wedges
The instruction how to make Spice-rubbed turkey steaks with fried brown rice
- Cut each turkey breast in half of horizontally. Combine 1/2 each the cumin and garam masala in a bowl. Sprinkle over turkey and season with pepper.
- Heat a huge non-stick frying pan over medium-excessive heat and lightly spray with oil. Cook onion, stirring, for 5u20136 minutes or until softened. Add cardamom and ultimate cumin and garam masala and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice, carrot, zucchini and peas. Cook, stirring, for two mins or till veggies have softened. Stir thru coriander. Cover to hold heat.
- Heat a huge non-stick frying pan over medium warmth. Lightly spray turkey with oil and prepare dinner for two minutes every side or till golden and cooked through.
- Combine salad leaves, cucumber, radish and tomatoes in a bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and toss to mix. Serve turkey with rice combination, salad, lemon wedges and further coriander.
Nutritions of Spice-rubbed turkey steaks with fried brown ricefatContent: