This scrumptious fig and walnut slice is perfect for cakes, afternoon teas or another time of day!
The ingredient of Fig and walnut slice
- 200g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups undeniable flour
- natural icing sugar, to serve
- 375g packet dessert figs
- 100g walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Fig and walnut slice
- Preheat oven to a hundred and seventyu00b0C. Grease a 3cm-deep, 18cm x 28cm (base) slab pan. Line with baking paper (see word).
- Make fig and walnut unfold: Place figs, walnuts, honey and cinnamon in a small food processor. Process to a first-class paste.
- Using an electric powered mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence for 1 to 2 mins or until light and creamy. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour. Using hands, bring aggregate together to form a ball. Divide in 1/2. Press one 1/2 of mixture into organized pan.
- Spread fig aggregate over base. Roll out ultimate flour mixture till huge sufficient to cover filling. Place over filling (if it breaks a bit, press it returned collectively).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until mild golden. Stand in pan for 15 mins. Lift onto a cord rack. Cut into pieces even as still heat. Allow to chill. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
Nutritions of Fig and walnut slicefatContent: