Give your guests an operatic finale with this mouthwatering limoncello dessert.
The ingredient of Limoncello semifreddo
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) limoncello (see notice)
- 325g jar lemon curd (see word)
- 250g cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone
- 24 sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- 100g caster sugar
- Pared zest of 1 lemon, cut into skinny strips
The instruction how to make Limoncello semifreddo
- Combine lemon zest, juice, sugar and limoncello in a bowl. In another bowl, beat lemon curd and cream cheese with electric beaters until easy. Beat in mascarpone.
- Line a 1L loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving lots overhanging. Dip 8 sponge arms inside the limoncello aggregate, then use to line the bottom of the pan. Spread over half of of the cream aggregate. Repeat, then finish with a layer of sponge palms. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for six hours or in a single day till set.
- Meanwhile, for the lemon syrup place sugar, 100ml water and lemon zest in a pan over medium warmness. Stir till the sugar dissolves, then simmer for five-6 mins till slightly thickened. Transfer to a bowl and chill to cool and thicken.
- Place the semifreddo inside the fridge to melt for 30 minutes earlier than serving, then thickly slice and serve drizzled with syrup.
Nutritions of Limoncello semifreddofatContent: 790.373 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 92 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 66 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein